Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

THE DREADED "S" WORD

No, it's not a 4 letter word, but it's just as bad. School. Yep, it's that time of year again. Time where you lay out the perfect back to school outfit, go meet the new teacher, and buy all new school supplies, and let's not forget the perfect pair of new shoes. I was never one to care too much about the new outfits. I loved new school supplies! There was something about opening a fresh pack of paper that made me giddy. Am I the only one that liked to play "store" with all the new supplies? Honestly though, I am actually looking forward to the start of school. It's a fresh start, a blank slate! All the students walk in on the first day and have perfect grades.  And, all of us parents just hope and pray that our child can stay dedicated and organized enough to keep those good grades

Organization and good grades, sometimes go hand in hand, some may disagree but it's true. If a child is so unorganized that they lose school work because their things are in disarray, then how can we as parents, expect them to have good grades. Organization also includes writing down and keeping up with upcoming tests and projects. Now to my whole point of this post. How can I expect my child, to be well organized at school and home, if I am not organized myself. So, I have tried to make a conscious effort to keep my things in order. That includes scheduling housework, study time with your child, or meetings. I have learned that if I need to do something that day, I need to write it on my calendar. I'm still new at it, but it has made things so much easier. I really like the daily planner printable from A Prudent Life, because it gives me plenty of room to write my daily tasks. I even add daily cleaning tasks that need to be done. I realize there are daily cleaning printables out there too, but it's so much easier for me to have it all on one sheet, right in front of me. There are lots of other layouts like this that you can find on Pinterest. I just find that this one suits me best.



To go a little deeper into the whole time management/organizing thing. I have found that the more I keep things in order, the more smoothly my family runs. For instance, if I let my house get really messy, I feel out of sorts. My kids can't find a certain toy they are looking for, or they are searching through the 1,000 loads of clean/unfolded laundry searching for a certain piece of clothing. Or, if I don't check the calendar, I may forget that Gracie has a math test to study for. When I, as a wife and mother, am unorganized my whole family suffers. When things are chaotic, we as a family are grumpy and mean.  Staying on task is the key to organization! 

So, now I'm off to get things ready for the first day of school tomorrow. Pray that things go smoothly and I don't have to physically pull Gracie out of bed :)


Up next we'll be talking about chores and organization for the kids!

0 comments:

Post a Comment